Saturday, November 20, 2010

Hey I'm 17 and I'm NOT Ashamed of It

Who said Disney movies are for kids? Hey I'm 17 years old and I'm not ashamed to say that I love watching Disney movies especially when I'm down and tired LOL! Anyway, let me share my top 10 all-time favorite Disney movies, feel free to protest, react or just simply agree with my list. :)

10. Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue, 2010

In our dorm my roommates talked about Tinker Bell and how good the movies were but I'm a bit skeptic and  not sure if Tinker Bell movies can satisfy my standards of animated movies. They suggested to watch the third film, Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue, and to my surprise I kinda love the movie!

9. The Lion King, 1994

Can you feel the love tonight? LOL! Simba proved that not all tough is tough in the inside.

8. Cinderella, 1950
 My niece loves this movie so much that even I was dragged to watch this on TV! Who can go wrong with this classic? The ever-infamous Step Mother to Step Sisters and the ever syndicated Fairy Godmother and Prince Charming you really gotta love(RGL) this movie!

7. Peter Pan, 1953
The boy who never gets old, ahhh. What would you be thinking if Tinker is here on the list and Peter Pan is not? I gotta give props to Disney for justifying my all-time favorite bed time story!

6. Mulan, 1998

At long last, an Asian Disney Character! This movie, based from the legend of Hua Mulan, was very heart-felt and very realistic, except of course the talking dragon, it never fails to make sing-a-long with the songs. A plus factor why Mulan is on my list because Lea Salonga sang in the movie, go Pinoy!

And for my top Five,

5. Beauty and the Beast, 1994

Watch the ballroom scene and for sure you too will love this movie.

4. Monsters, Inc. 2001
This movie defied the word MONSTERS. Who can forget the cute 2-year-old girl Boo? How about the one-eyed crooning monster Mike Wazowski? Or the big blue furry but kind-hearted Sully Sullivan?

3. Up, 2009

Love the film, love the lesson and okay I admit it, I almost cried.

2. Toy Story, 1995

To infinity and beyond 'nuff said.

1. Aladdin, 1992
Every one of us wants to have their own Genie, especially if all genies are like Genie in Aladdin. I love every aspect of the film, from the setting,to the villain and the songs. I love A Whole New World, and because of this song, I decided to put this film on number One.

What I really love about Disney films is that watching these will make you feel like a child again, free from troubles and free from people saying that dreams are not real. 




No comments:

Post a Comment